In this tutorial you will learn how to create a organizational chart.
Creating New Charts
This article describes how to break a large chart into smaller, linked sub-charts.
1. Open OrgPlus. Double-click the OrgPlus icon on your desktop or from the Windows Start menu select: All Programs |Insperity | OrgPlus
2. Click the File tab and select New to open the New Project dialog box.
3. In the New Project dialog box, select Blank from the list of templates and click OK. The OrgPlus main window displays a blank chart with a single chart box.
Entering Field Information
You can now add information to the chart box.
4. Click on the Select tool .
5. Click to select the chart box
6. Click the box again to edit the contents. Click Name if it is not already highlighted and enter Chris Phillips.
7. Click Title and enter President and CEO.
Tip: Use the Tab key to advance to the next field.
Adding and Deleting Boxes
To add boxes to your chart, click to select the type of box you want to add from the Insert toolbar, which runs vertically along the left side of the main OrgPlus window, and click on any existing box.
There are five chart box types:
8. Click to select the Assistant tool , then select the box containing Chris Phillips to add an assistant.
9. Click to select the Subordinate tool , select the box containing Chris Phillips to add a subordinate.
10. Click the Select tool .
11. Select the new subordinate box.
12. Click the box again to edit the contents. Click Name if it is not already highlighted and enter Lynn Brewer.
13. Click Title and enter CFO.
14. Select the Right co-worker tool , and then click four times on the box for Lynn Brewer. Four co-worker boxes are added.
- The Left co-worker tool adds boxes to the left of the selected box.
- The Manager tool is used to create a Manager box directly above the selected box.
15. Click the Select tool .
16. Select one of the new, empty subordinate boxes.
17. Press the Delete key. There are now three subordinate boxes.
Changing Branch Styles
You may want to change the branch style for aesthetic or space reasons. OrgPlus offers a large variety of branch styles, which can be applied to any branch in your chart or the entire chart.
18. Click the Select tool .
19. Select all of Lynn Brewer’s subordinates by double-clicking one of her subordinate boxes.
20. Click the Home tab and click the Chart Styles button to open the Chart Styles menu.
21. Click to select the one column vertical style . The boxes under Lynn Brewer are reformatted as shown below:
22. Select other sets of subordinates by double clicking them and then change their styles to match the diagram below. Remember to use the Chart Styles button to change the branch style once a set of subordinates has been selected.
Saving your Work
You should save your work periodically.
23. Click the File tab and select Save.
If you have never saved the current chart before, a Save As dialog box is displayed.
24. Enter the desired file name and then click Save.
Congratulations! You have completed Tutorial 1.