If your project is saved on a shared network, you may want to set a password to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information. Each time you open the password protected chart you will be prompted to enter this password.
To password protect projects:
- With your project open, click the File tab and select Prepare | Protect Project.
The Protect Project dialog box opens.
- Enter a password in the Password field, and enter it again in the Confirm Password field.
- Click OK. The project is now password protected.
Note: Once you have protected a file, any user is prompted for a password whenever the file is opened.
To unprotect projects:
- With your project open, click the File tab and select Prepare | Unprotect to open the Password Required dialog box.
- Enter the password and click OK. The project is now unprotected.
Note: DO NOT forget the password. Once a project is protected, no one can access it without the password, not even the author.
Viewing Project Properties
The Project Properties dialog box provides standard file information and attributes, user-entered file identification, and OrgPlus project statistics. This feature is similar to File Properties available in Microsoft Office applications.
To view Project Properties:
- The user has to go to File > Prepare > Project PropertiesThe Project Properties dialog box includes the following tabs:
- General: Shows standard file data, statistics, and attributes, and a custom option that enables you to lock field properties.
- Summary: Enables you to enter authoring details about the project.
- Contents: Provides OrgPlus project statistics.
- Records: Total number of records in the project as a whole, including records applicable to hidden boxes.
- Orphans: Number of unassigned boxes in the project.
- Project Contents:
- Statistics for each individual chart in the project, such as the number of boxes and sub-charts.
- A listing of the directories, profiles and reports defined for this project.
Note: You can modify fields in the Summary tab but you cannot modify any fields in the General or Contents tabs.
- Click OK to save changes and close the dialog box.