I closed my browser / browser tab and I am not being logged out of the application. What can I do to log out?
Unfortunately, there is no way for the application to override these browser settings. However, there are settings in Google Chrome and Firefox that will allow you to change this behavior.
For Chrome users:
- Click on Settings
- For the On startup section choose “Open the New Tab page” or “Open a specific page or set of pages.”
- Click on “Show advanced settings…”
- Click on “Content settings…”
- For Cookies choose “Keep local data only until I quit my browser”
- Click OK
- Close Settings
For Firefox users:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options
- Select the General panel
- From the When Firefox starts drop-down, select“Show my home page” or “Show a blank page”
- Click OK to close the Options window