Comparing two charts
OrgPlus allows you to compare two charts. After comparison a report containing the differences between the two charts is generated.
- Click the Data tab and select Compare Charts from the Tools section.
The Compare Charts dialog box is displayed.
- Click the Browse button in the Compare (Project) area to select the OrgPlus file for the first chart you want to compare, or selectUse Current Project to select the displayed chart. If the selected project contains multiple tabs, use the Chart Tab dropdown list to select a chart.
- Click the Browse button in the To (Project) area to select the OrgPlus file for the second chart you want to compare, or select Use Current Project to select the displayed chart. If the selected project contains multiple tabs, use the Chart Tab dropdown list to select a chart.
- Use the Unique Field dropdown menu to select the field in each chart that will be used to match boxes between the two charts (e.g., email address or employee ID).
- In the Format area, choose your report settings: Select the Verbose Report option to generate a complete and detailed report comparing the two charts. To select specific fields to include in the report, click the Select Fields button to display the Compare Charts Select Fields dialog box.
Click desired fields in the Available fields pane, then click Add to add them to the Fields to compare pane, and click OK.
To select a reference project, a Chart Tab and/or Unique Field, click the Advanced button and enter the necessary information.
- In the Include area, select the information to Include in the delta report:
- Headers: Output field names in the first row of the report.
- File Info: Output path and file name information in the report.
- Previous Values: When comparing two boxes output the previous value in square brackets if the value has changed.
- Comments: Include chart comments in the comparison report.
Note: Some options in this section are unavailable when generating a Verbose report.
- Click OK
- Select the View Delta Report checkbox if you wish to display the report in Excel after comparison.
- Click OK, then specify a file name, file type, and location for your comparison report.
- Click Save. If you selected View Delta Report, the report opens in Excel.